Who hasn’t enjoyed a Homemade Rice Krispie Treat? The easy, inexpensive-to-make dessert is tried-and-true.
I’ve enjoyed many variations of the classic dessert, but it never occurred to me how delicious your treat can be with the addition of one simple ingredient: coconut oil.
Get the recipe for Coconut Oil Rice Krispie Treats below!
- 2 Tbsp butter (optional)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bag mini marshmallows, 10.5 oz.
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal (try the holiday-themed variety of the cereal, if available, for a fun seasonal look)
- In a large saucepan, add butter and coconut oil together over medium heat until melted. To cut calories, skip the butter.
- Add marshmallows, and stir until melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in Rice Krispies until evenly mixed.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8×8-inch pan. If needed, press down in the pan with your hands to ensure the top is down flat.
- Allow it sit for about an hour, or until it returns to room temperature. Cut and enjoy!
- If you don’t finish this in one sitting, your treats can be stored in an airtight container for a week.
Tell Me: Do you have a favorite way to make these treats?