It’s hard to believe today is the last day of October, and also what I like to call the unofficial start of the holiday season.
Around this time of year, I’m usually gearing up to host gatherings with friends and family – and, of course, you can’t have a party without food and drinks!
While my arsenal for food recipes is fully stocked, I long struggled to concoct the perfect, holiday-themed punch that’s suitable for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve. I also wanted to create a punch made with completely different flavors and ingredients than the standard holiday drinks, like eggnog or apple cider. Luckily, my sparkling coconut water party punch finally fit the bill.
It’s light, fruity, crisp, refreshing and perfect for any festive occasion. The color of this punch can even be modified to suit the holiday! Read on for the recipe.
- 3 cups coconut water (I like to use the 365 EVERYDAY VALUE COCONUT WATER from Whole Foods)
- 2 cups Prosecco or champagne
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 cups of frozen fruit (I like to use frozen raspberries, oranges or strawberries)
- 1 drop of food coloring (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir to combine. Chill before serving.
- Great tip: Add 1 drop of food coloring to match the holiday. For example, you can use a drop of orange food coloring for Halloween!
Tell Me: What’s your favorite holiday drink?