After you bake these brownies, your family and friends will probably ask you for the recipe. I guarantee you, I’m asked every time I serve them!
It took me a long time to perfect what I think is the best brownie ever, though I guess that is very subjective. To ME, these are the best ever, but I invite you to try them and see what you think.
Not only are these brownies delicious hand-held for gatherings like a Super Bowl Party, but they are also divine slightly warmed with ice cream.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- 4 Tbs. cocoa
- 6 Tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 box confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (optional)
- Beat together the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the flour and vanilla. Melt the butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan (I used the microwave), stirring to blend. Add to the batter and mix well. Spread into greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Check after about 22 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil butter, cocoa and milk. Boil gently, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Gradually stir in confectioners’ sugar. Fold in the marshmallows and spread over brownies.
With Valentine’s Day approaching, these brownies would be a welcome chocolate treat. I like to package mine with food gift boxes and bags, as well as ribbons, twine, tags and decorative waxed papers from Paper Mart or The Container Store.
Tell Me: Do you have a favorite brownie recipe?