Not only is brunch my favorite meal to eat, but also to prepare.
This week, I’m sharing sweet and savory recipes that can all be made ahead of time. This is my go-to menu any time of year, but it is especially well-received by all during holiday time. I will start with my Rosemary Grapefruit recipe. I am asked for this recipe every time I serve it. So here it is and you didn’t even have to ask.
Over the next couple of days, look for my favorite Sausage and Egg Casserole, as well as a recipe for Cheesy Grits to round out the menu!
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 (64 oz) container grapefruit sections
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries (no stems)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Drain grapefruit and cherries and place in bowl. Pour rosemary syrup over fruit. Chill under ready to serve.
- I serve this in a crystal bowl garnished with rosemary sprigs.
Tell Me: What’s your favorite way to eat grapefruit?