Though I recently published an atypical holiday drink recipe (click here for the delicious recipe for sparkling coconut water punch), I’d be remiss to not also post my favorite apple cider recipe as well!
Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s also easy to make from scratch. An added bonus? Its sweet-smelling scent makes your kitchen smell amazing!
Read on to discover how to make the perfect slow cooker caramel apple cider for your holiday office potluck, dinner party or family gathering!
- 8 cups water
- 5 large apples (red or green)
- 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce (I like to use Trader Joe’s Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce)
- Wash apples and orange. Chop apples into quarters (you may leave the stems and seeds if you choose). Add apples and orange into slow cooker. Add water, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and allspice. Cook on high for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove the lid and mash the apples (a potato masher does the trick). Replace slow cooker lid and cook on high for an additional hour.
- After your apple cider is done cooking, strain the contents into a large pitcher. Stir in brown sugar and caramel into cider until they dissolve.
Tell Me: What’s your favorite way to drink apple cider?