Kathy Queen Blanton, my sweet friend since the first grade, inspired this post today when she asked for my favorite pecan pie recipe.
I’m so happy that she did because it reminded me of how much I enjoy this southern favorite for my family as well as an annual gift for another favorite friend Bryan McRae.
Kathy’s request prompted me to perfect the recipe I’ve been using for years. This pie is so easy to make. I’ve changed a few minor things that I believe make it even better. First, a few tips:
If making your own crust, here is my favorite homemade pie crust recipe:
- If using a purchased crust (nothing wrong with that during these busy times), here’s a video to make sure that crust is not soggy:
- I now suggest 2 extra steps to making a better pie: Simmer the corn syrup and sugar for a couple of minutes before mixing everything together. Use an electric mixer to make the filling a little “fluffier”
Enjoy this family favorite recipe!
- My Favorite Pecan Pie Recipe
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups pecan pieces
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- Simmer the 2 corn syrups and the sugar in a saucepan for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir the butter into the syrup mixture until melted. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Slowly pour in the syrup mixture with the mixer running. Add the vanilla.
- Place the pecans in your pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over the pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until done.
Tell Me: What’s your favorite type of pie to enjoy at this time of the year?