Previously, I shared a DIY recipe for simmering potpourri to make your home smell like Williams-Sonoma stores (click here). As we prepare for the holidays, today I’m sharing a few more of my favorite natural recipes to make your home smell like the season.
Get three easy ingredient combinations below, and get ready to enjoy your newly-scented home!
For a clean, seasonal scent, combine the following items in a small pot, and allow to simmer for as long as you desire:
- 1 orange, sliced
- Fresh mint
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf, fresh if possible
For a Christmas-like scent, combine the following in a pot of simmering water:
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- Pine needles
- 1/2 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cloves, whole or ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
For an all-natural – and super inexpensive – diffuser:
- Add scented All Purpose Cleaner (I like to use one with a fresh lemon scent) to a small jar or glass (fill halfway)
- Take about 10 bamboo skewers and trim to fit, if necessary.
- Set diffuser wherever you want a fresh, clean scent in your home
Tell Me: What is one of your favorite natural recipes for a better-smelling home?