At this time of year, one of my favorite treats to enjoy is Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark. However, I find that it’s most delicious when made at home. Read on for the simple recipe!
Homemade Peppermint Bark
- 2 (12 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
- 2 (12 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 10 peppermint candy canes, crushed, divided
- Line a 12x18 inch pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a microwave-safe glass, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 5 minutes (depending on your microwave). Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Spread the chocolate evenly in the prepared pan. Chill until set, about 30 minutes.
- While milk chocolate is chilling, melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe glass, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 5 minutes. Stir half of crushed candy canes into mixture.
- Spread white chocolate mixture evenly over the milk chocolate. Sprinkle remaining candy cane pieces evenly over the white chocolate layer.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour. Cut into small pieces to serve and enjoy!
Simply the Best from Barbara McKay https://simplybarbaramckay.com/
Tell Me: What’s your favorite seasonal candy to enjoy?