Though I’m not on the go as often as I once was, I still genuinely enjoy traveling and exploring new horizons. During my journeys over the years I’ve met new friends, learned about different cultures, witnessed historical landmarks in person and eaten marvelous foods.
To me, traveling allows one to break out of their comfort zone, broaden his or her horizons and create memories that will last a lifetime.
As we begin a New Year, I’m sure many of you all are already making travel plans for the warm-weather months. However, if you’re still on the fence about where to go, here’s a little travel inspiration –specifically for the food lover – for 2017 below!
1. Maine: One word – lobster!
2. Charleston: Seafood is abundant in Charleston. You can’t leave town without trying a bowl of shrimp and grits!
3. New Orleans: Between the beignets, po’ boys, gumbo and pralines – what’s not to love?
4. Chicago: I’m not sure what’s better here, the fine dining or the deep-dish pizza…
5. Portland: Excellent coffee, dishes with quirky ingredients and an amazing food truck scene!
Tell Me: Where do you plan to travel this year?