For those of you lucky enough to live in the Lake Lure, North Carolina area, then you know how special the food and the experience are at La Strada Italian Grill.
I cannot count how many of those fantastic brick oven New York style pizzas and delicious pasta dishes I have consumed when Dixie and Joe Mazur had their Charlotte locations. My mouth is watering just writing about them. This family restaurant on beautiful Lake Lure is worth the drive.
Besides that amazing food awaiting you, you will be visiting the places made famous by Patrick Swayze when he made us fall in love with Dirty Dancing. In fact, along with a restaurant visit, you could start planning to attend the 30th Anniversary Celebration of the classic movie being held at Lake Lure August 18 and 19, 2017 (August 18th is also Patrick Swayze’s birthday).
But no matter when you visit, La Strada Lake Lure provides stunning views of the lake from the elevated outdoor patio and every indoor table, too, while enjoying the great food.
The Mazur’s love of food and people is easily evident. Besides all the food I enjoyed in their restaurant, Joe and Dixie were kind of enough to share their favorite restaurant recipes on my television show. We had such a great time cooking together on TV. So we’re doing it again on my website!
Please enjoy this healthy, outstanding La Strada Pasta Salad recipe. Thank you, Dixie and Joe!
- 1 Qt cooked and cooled penne pasta
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (Your favorite brand or homemade will work well)
- 2 TB Pesto Sauce (Your favorite prepared or homemade pesto will work well)
- 4 oz Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 ½ oz Green Peppers (diced
- 2 TB Green Onions (diced)
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Green Peas (thawed in cool water and drained)
- 3 TB Cups Fine Grated Carrots
- 2 TB Chopped Walnuts
- 2 TB chopped Craisins (Dry Sweetened Cranberries)
- Add dressing to pasta and gently mix
- Add pesto and gently mix.
- Then add crumbled feta cheese and toss
- Then add peas, carrots, onions, peppers, walnuts & Craisins and toss
- If preparing in advance, pasta will soak in the dressing so you may wish to add a bit more dressing just before serving if the mix becomes too dry. Add small amounts of dressing at a time and toss. Careful: Too much dressing will mask the wonderful different complex tastes!
To see and learn more about La Strada at Lake Lure, click here to visit their website.