First of all, today is Thanksgiving and I wish each of you the gift of being grateful EVERYday. Starting and ending the day by counting blessings sure makes the rest of the day seem to go better.
Besides being a day of gratitude, it’s also the day we start some serious thinking about Christmas. This fun, fast and festive recipe does some multi-tasking. It can a delicious gift from your kitchen, sweet snack for a party, or a fun activity with kids. In fact you will probably remember that I did this recipe with my grandchildren for Halloween.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 12 oz. package milk chocolate chips
- Red and green cookie icing
- Candy Cane Crunch
- Line a 9 X 13 inch shallow baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Line the pan with a single layer of saltines.
- In a saucepan, bring the brown sugar and butter to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and boil while stirring for 3 minutes. Pour and spread evenly over the crackers. Bake at 400 degrees for 4 minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Candy Cane Crunch and drizzle with icing. Add any other decorative Christmas candy of your choice. Cool. Break into squares. Makes approximately two dozen.
Tell Me: Are you making any last-minute recipes this Thanksgiving?