Those of us who love fashion get very eager and excited over the approach of a new season. In fact, we have already been looking at magazines, websites, window displays and in favorite stores to see colors and trends coming as the days get shorter and cooler.
To save your money to splurge on your most favorite fall fashion clothes and accessories, there are ways to extend the life of some of your summer pieces. Let your summer basics do double duty and stick around through this next season.
- Invest in a fall statement jacket or coat to wear over summer dresses and pants
- Wear a blouse or shirt under your sleeveless dress
- Add tights or leggings to dresses and skirts
- Wear leather leggings under a long summer top and layer with a vest
- Wear boots or booties
- Switch out your straw hat to a smart fall felt
- Replace your summer tote with a fall clutch or lady-like bag
- Add deeper colors to your pastels and neons
- Wear a trench. The never go out of style
Simply adding darker colors, richer textures and a little warmth will help you repurpose your summer garments and float right into fall. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for some football…and the many other fun things that fall brings…including doing a little shopping.
Many thanks to stylist Joslin Cuthbertson at Capitol Charlotte for helping me transform a favorite summer skirt into a more fall appropriate outfit and then prolong my pink jeans to make them wearable all the way through winter. You can see more of his styling ideas on Instagram @@iamjoslinmalik.
Silk bomber jacket by Balenciaga, Hat by Maison Michel, sunglasses by Celine, boots by Oscar De La Renta, and bag by Gucci
Black velvet embroidered jacket by Vil Shenko, shoes by Nickolas Kirkwood, earrings by Oscar De La Renta, sunglasses by Celine, and bag by Olympia le Tan.
Pink sweatshirt by Gucci, pink coat by MSGM, velvet boots by Stuart Weitzman, earrings by Oscar De La Renta, bag by Balenciaga.
Short navy fur jacket by Yves Salomon, bag by Valextra, sunglasses by Celine.
Tell Me: Which fashion trends are you looking forward to this fall?